Water Damage Restoration Services
DKI Services Can Help Restore Your Home or Business After Water Damage
DKI is one of the leading water damage restoration companies in the U.S. Our service providers are committed to helping home and business owners recover from a flood, burst plumbing, or various other disasters. We have nearly a half-century worth of experience providing water damage restoration and remediation services across North America. We are proud to use local service providers who share a commitment to excellence and customer service, all of whom are backed by our national support team. Each member of our organization uses the best available tools and has access to the most up-to-date resources and training techniques.
As soon as you experience water damage in your home or business, call DKI. Quick action is necessary for complete water damage cleanup and restoration.
What to Do in the Event of Water Damage at Your Home or Business
DKI is happy to help you prevent water damage, but not all disasters can be avoided. Furthermore, not all water damage is immediately apparent. Water damage may be obvious during a flood or if a main pipe bursts, but minimal water damage may be worsening under your floors or behind walls. It is essential to regularly check your walls and floors for stains or weaknesses, which may be signs of water damage. DKI can visit your property to help you investigate. But whether your water damage is significant or minimal, it is important to follow several key steps as soon as you notice it. In advance of water damage cleanup services, you should:
- Close your main water valve – If flooding is the result of a burst pipe, closing the valve will eliminate the source and minimize further damage.
- Shut the electrical breaker – Before unplugging or removing electrical devices from water damaged areas, shut off the electrical circuit to prevent electrocuting yourself.
- Call your insurance company – It is vital to report any losses or damages as soon as possible.
- Call DKI – Reach out to our team and request immediate help so that we can provide water damage cleanup, mitigation, and restoration services, and help prevent further issues.
Quick action following a leak can significantly reduce the amount of water damage your house sustains. Even small leaks can morph into larger problems or mold issues, potentially leading to costly repairs in the future.
Understanding the Severity of Water Damage
Water damage is detrimental to both your property and health. Water damage is separated into three categories, which are based on the source, duration, and other factors such as mold and chemicals. DKI’s expert service providers can help determine the category of your water damage. These options are:
- Category 1 – Comprising of clean water damage from broken water taps, leaking sinks, and minimal amounts of rainwater, category 1 water damage involves uncontaminated water that does not pose significant health risks. Therefore, category 1 repairs require less equipment and time than their alternatives. However, left untreated, this type of damage can develop into a category 2 concern within a day.
- Category 2 – These damages involve gray water with small amounts of contamination. They can result from cracked sewer lines or water supply pipes, leaking roofs, overflowing toilets, dishwater discharge, and more. After 48 hours, this damage can turn into a category 3 problem.
- Category 3 – The most dangerous form of water damage, category 3 consists of black water contamination. Black water is highly polluted and can cause significant health problems. It is important to seek assistance from our water damage remediation specialists immediately to avoid exposure to bacterial diseases and unsafe chemicals. Do not attempt to clean this on your own. Trust a water damage mitigation company such as DKI.
How DKI Services Can Help You
DKI has been helping home and business owners with water damage cleanup and restoration for more than 45 years. We have specialists throughout the country, so we can be at your home or business within two hours of receiving your call. A fast response is important because immediate attention reduces your costs and potential damages considerably. We use proven water mitigation and drying techniques and state-of-the-art water remediation equipment to help preserve your belongings and minimize structural damage to your property. Our team is known for careful attention to detail, so you can rest assured we will remove obvious moisture as well as that deep within your walls, floors, and other hard-to-reach areas. Our prompt service will help you return to your routine quickly.
Contact DKI for Water Damage Restoration Services
Water damage can be an overwhelming disaster for many home and business owners. But, DKI is here to help. We can remove moisture from your home or business completely, while carefully preserving all of your belongings. Once that is complete, we will help you clean, restore, and rebuild while ensuring your property is safe. DKI is proud to have provided water damage restoration services to various satisfied clients across the country, including:
- Flood Damage Restoration in Louisiana Parish School District
- Large Water Loss Restoration for Software Campus in Verona, WI
- Water Damage Restoration for Major Children’s Apparel Store in Ohio
Whether your project is big or small in scope, DKI is proud to help. Contact us today.