Water Damage Restoration in the U.S.A.
Emergency Water Clean-Up by DKI Services
Water damage is one of the most common damages done to property, and relying on expert services when you need it most is why DKI Services has spent over four decades helping those in need around North America. Whether it’s something small like a minor leak, a more serious sewage backup, or a flooded floor from your collapsed roof, water damage can quickly disrupt your day-to-day life. Our experts understand that water damage can spread rapidly and will cause more severe damage the longer it sits. All water damage must be addressed as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your property, such as mold that will significantly increase the amount of destruction done to your property, as well as an increase in costs for repairs.
Important Steps to Take After Water Damage
After you experience water damage in your home or business, it can be tough to know what to do. Here are a few steps to remember to ensure you are kept safe and no further damage is done to your property while you await water damage clean-up and repair services:
- Close your water main or shut off any water source to stop flooding. If you can’t stop the leak yourself, contact a professional for help.
- Shut down the electrical breaker in damaged areas before unplugging or removing any electrical devices from wet areas.
- Call your insurance company! All policies require that property owners report any losses as soon as reasonably possible.
- Call an emergency water restoration company like DKI to help you with water damage clean-up and to regain your peace of mind.
Any form of water damage requires immediate attention since the smallest leak can develop into a flood or serious mold damage if not treated. Immediate response is DKI’s specialty! Within just two hours of receiving your call, one of our water damage restoration experts will arrive on the scene and get to work right away. Using industry-proven water mitigation and drying techniques, along with top-of-the-line water remediation equipment, allows us to inspect the property and develop a plan that will efficiently remove the moisture from deep within the floor, walls, and even the hard-to-reach areas. Our quick response time combined with our cutting-edge services help lower repair costs and result in a speedy recovery to get your life back to normal!
Understanding Water Damage Repairs
Water damage cannot only harm your property but your health as well. These damages typically fit under three categories and are characterized by source, length of time in the property, and other vital factors like mold or chemicals. Once on the scene, DKI will determine the category of your water damage, which are detailed below:
- Category 1 – This category type will include clean water damage caused by broken water taps, leaking sinks or bathtubs, small amounts of rainwater, and other less severe forms of water damage. Category 1s are easier to repair because they require much less equipment and time. Additionally, this type deals with uncontaminated water that does not pose any immediate health risks. If not dealt with quickly, however, this type can develop into a category 2 within 24 hours.
- Category 2 – Category 2 damages will involve gray water that is characterized by containing small amounts of contamination either by the nature of the source or due to neglected category 1 water. The most common instances of this moderately dangerous category type are cracked sewer lines or water supply pipes, leaking roofs, washing machine or dishwater discharge, overflowing toilets containing urine, hydrostatic water seepage, broken aquariums, bio-contaminants, and other forms of impurities that can harm your health. This is likely to become a category 3 within 48 hours if left untreated.
- Category 3 – The most dangerous type of water damage is a category 3 comprised of black water contamination. Black water is highly polluted, contains pathogens, and can cause severe illness and even death if untreated. This type will need to be addressed by water remediation specialists immediately, as properties with sewage damage, within flood zones, or under other dangerous circumstances are subject to bacterial diseases, unsafe chemicals, pesticides, microbes and more. Never attempt to address this type of damage on your own. A professional water mitigation service company will have the proper equipment and safety precautions to restore your property safely and efficiently.
Our Water Damage Restoration Success Stories
Though water damage seems like an absolute nightmare, promptly contacting a water restoration company to come take a look at your home or business can ensure no further damage is done to your property. DKI is a full-service water restoration company that can clean, restore and rebuild any damage caused by water. No matter how big or small the water clean-up, we are here to make your property safe, clean and functional once again in no time! Check out some of our success stories to see why DKI is a trustworthy disaster restoration contracting organization:
- Restoring Louisiana’s School District from Flooding
- Repairing a Software Campus in WI after Heavy Thunderstorms
- Fast Recovery for Major Children’s Retailer in OH
- Read More
For more information about emergency water damage restoration in North America and the benefits of hiring a DKI restoration contractor, contact us today.