Smoke And Soot Removal Services From Coast to Coast
Smoke And Soot Removal by DKI Services
A fire can wreak havoc on your residential or commercial property. Smoke and soot left behind from a fire – whether on or near your property – are challenging to clean and degrade your structural integrity. DKI provides high-quality, innovative smoke and soot removal services throughout the United States. With nearly five decades of experience rebuilding and restoring homes and businesses after a fire, we’ll take care of the lingering smell of smoke and the appearance of soot. Our high-rated industry equipment and vast resources ensure your home or business is back to normal as quickly as possible. Call us today to learn more.
Professional Smoke Damage Repairs
The most important thing to remember when dealing with smoke damage is to never attempt repairs without a professional. Smoke damage must be professionally and fully repaired so it will not cause ongoing problems. Our specialists will remove everything affected by the fire. We’ll evaluate the items that can be restored and those that are unsalvageable.
How To Get Rid Of The Smoke Smell
Removing smoke odor from items depends on the type of damaged material. Porous materials often have much more damage than other types of materials, including:
- Finished Wood –The good news is that finished wood has a protected layer, so it can be stripped, sanded, and refinished to bring it back to optimal shape.
- Unfinished Wood –Unfinished wood is more challenging than finished wood, but we can often apply a sealant to trap the odor.
- Carpets –The fibers of carpet hold smell, so they must be thoroughly cleaned or replaced.
- Walls and Ceilings –Fire often causes discoloration on walls and ceilings, so it’s best to scrape and sand them until all of the material is removed.
- Furniture –Fabric furniture soaks in odors and will often require professional cleaning or a replacement.
Environmentally Friendly Soot Removal Process
DKI uses an environmentally-friendly soot removal process. As the first disaster restoration and reconstruction company to be Green Risk certified in building reconstruction and restoration services, we believe it’s important to use green techniques. Soot Removal Film doesn’t release contaminants into the air, releases only a small amount of water for cleaning, and requires minimal containment. The film is sprayed on the wall, peeled away, and disposed of safely.
Contact DKI Services for Fire Damage Restoration Today
If you need smoke and soot removal, we can arrive on the scene within two hours to assess the damage, secure your property, and begin cleaning. We understand smoke and soot removal is a tedious process, so we use innovative tools and knowledge to get the job done in the best way possible. We’ll provide a comprehensive fire damage restoration plan before we start removing odors and soot. Our service providers are spread throughout the U.S. to help you in your time of need. Contact us today if you need help removing smoke and soot from a small area or an entire business.