The Nationwide Experts at DKI Are Here to Help
Biohazard cleanup should always be left to a team of licensed professionals. Cleaning up biohazardous materials on your own can be dangerous due to all the diseases, contaminants, and pathogens released in the air. These contaminants and pathogens can live in the air for weeks once released, and they could cause fatal side effects to anyone who’s exposed. We understand how overwhelming it can be to deal with biohazard disasters that require professional cleaning. You may have several questions about the process, as well as the benefits of hiring a team of professionals. Below, we’ve answered some of the most frequently asked questions we get about our complete biohazard cleanup services.
With more than 45 years of industry experience, DKI is the premier disaster restoration contracting organization across the United States and North America. Our professional network of residential and commercial damage restoration experts is the largest in the region, and we hold each of our service providers to the highest standards, ensuring our biohazard cleanup and complete restoration services exceed your expectations. We’re here to help you through all types of traumatic events, including sudden death, accident or injury, catastrophic damages and spills, and other calamities. With more than 200 locations nationwide, our specialists can be at your property within two hours of an incident. Call us today to learn more!
Why Call DKI for Professional Biohazard Cleanup?
Biohazard cleanup services are needed for situations including unexpected sickness, trauma, accidents, and death. They require the assistance of undaunted experts who have extensive experience in the cleanup process. The specialists at DKI provide the experienced biohazard personnel you need for any scope of your job. Customers across the United States choose our professional biohazard cleanup services for several reasons, including:
- We have a large network of reliable and professional industry service providers
- We have decades of combined training in biohazard cleanup
- We specialize in the cleanup of accidents, death, crime, trauma scenes, and blood
- Our service providers are certified in bloodborne pathogens and trauma scene management
- We follow strict guidelines and perform careful, safe procedures
- We’re available any time of day or night
- We’re equipped with state-of-the-art tools and best practices
How Quickly Can Your Biohazard Response Team Respond?
With more than 200 service locations nationwide, our specialists can be at your home or business within two hours of a reported incident to ensure a complete and effective restoration experience. We’re also available for emergency cleanup jobs you need help with any time of the day or night.
Who is Responsible for Paying for Biohazard Cleanup?
In many cases, homeowner’s, business, and auto insurance policies will cover the cost of the biohazard cleanup service. If you’re a tenant at your property, you may be responsible, but it ultimately falls on the property owner. We bill insurance companies, or we can provide you with assistance in filing claims. We also offer payment plans for our services.
How Much Does Biohazard Cleanup Cost?
It’s difficult to give our customers accurate estimates without seeing the scope of the job. Our estimates depend on the number of technicians needed, the time it will take to complete the cleanup, and the amount of biohazardous waste there is to remove. Once you call us for an on-site personalized estimate, we will assess the damage, write up a custom proposal to restore your home or business to pre-calamity condition, and get to work right away to give you peace of mind during a stressful time.
Can I Have My Employees Clean Up the Scene?
OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Standard states that employees must be provided with information and training before dealing with blood or other potentially infectious material (OPIM), including:
- The Bloodborne Pathogen Standard
- Epidemiology, symptoms, and transmission of bloodborne diseases
- Your facility’s exposure control plan
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) provided by the business at no cost
- Information on the Hepatitis B vaccine and information on how to receive it (provided by the business at no cost)
- Provide a method to safely remove and/or store biohazardous waste
What Questions Should Be Asked When Choosing A Biohazard Cleanup Company?
When you’re looking for a professional biohazard cleanup company to call, you should ask the company for proof of the following:
- Length of experience
- Occupational License
- Proof of insurance (liability, auto, and workers-comp)
- Work references
- A contract for biomedical waste disposal
- Documents proving the destruction of generated waste
- Will they work with the property owner’s insurance?
- Will they help with filing insurance claims?
Am I Liable if Someone Catches a Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure in My Home or Business?
Yes, you may be held accountable if someone becomes infected with a virus or infectious disease while in your home or at your business. This can result in civil actions and lawsuits.
Are There State Agencies to Help with Crime Scene Cleanup Costs?
There are several state resources and support programs to help victims of crime. State Attorney General Offices typically have victims’ assistance and advocacy agencies, and they might be able to provide you with further assistance.
Will the Authorities Clean a Scene After a Crime or Tragic Accident?
Unfortunately, the first responders and authorities don’t clean up the crime scene after a crime has been committed or death or trauma has occurred. This responsibility ultimately falls on the property owner.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Biohazard Cleanup?
Aside from giving you peace of mind, hiring DKI for your hazardous cleanup offers additional benefits as well, including:
- Improved Safety: Some biohazard incidents involve infected blood, bodily fluids, and airborne pathogens that can be harmful, or even deadly, to humans who are exposed. Our expert biohazard cleanup and disinfectant services take you out of harm’s way. DKI technicians possess the knowledge, proper safety gear, and state-of-the-art equipment to keep your family and employees safe and comfortable.
- Saved Time: Not only is cleaning a biohazard scene dangerous due to all the contaminants and microorganisms that can’t be seen with the human eye, but it could take months to complete. Our cleanup teams handle biohazard remediation every day. DKI’s efficient process targets and sterilizes undetected germs and contagions, saving you time and keeping you safe.
- 24-Hour Service: Disasters strike at any time of day or night. You can be prepared to handle any calamity when you have our team of experts on your side. We can be on-site at your home or business within two hours of your emergency call.
Why Choose Us?
For more than 45 years, our team has offered quick, efficient biohazard cleanup services to customers across the United States. Working with home and business owners every day to ensure their properties are safe and operable, we keep our promise to eliminate almost all bacteria, viruses, contaminants, and odors and give you a deeper level of cleanliness. We monitor and adhere to the strict protocols set in place by the CDC, EPA, and OSHA, and our company is fully licensed and insured. Our team strives every day to earn customer trust with our complete residential and commercial disaster restoration services.
Contact the Professionals at DKI Today
When disaster strikes at your home or business, you need help right away. The professionals at DKI can be at your property within two hours of your call to assess your situation and provide you with a personalized estimate for our services. Our specialists use state-of-the-art tools, the best practices in the industry, and have resources most independent contractors don’t have access to.
Every service provider across DKI’s expansive network shares a foundation of high-quality services, trust, and a local presence with nationwide support. We want you to have peace of mind knowing our team will restore your life following any residential or commercial disaster. DKI professionals use state-of-the-art tools, the latest best practices, and educational resources that most independent contractors don’t have access to. Contact us today to learn more about our restoration services!