FIND A DKI CONTRACTOR:
GET HELP NOW:
877-533-0210

Looking for Complete Mold Removal for Your Home or Business?

DKI Does Commercial and Residential Mold Remediation

Safely removing mold inside your home or business can be confusing. So many questions come to mind. Can you touch it? Can you even breathe near it? Will mold cause more problems for your health and interior if left untreated? DKI has the answers to those questions and the restoration services you need. We are fully licensed mold and environmental remediation specialists. We have safely cleared mold and other eco-contaminants from thousands of homes and businesses across the country since the 1970s. Our company continues that tradition of efficient service today. We remove mold, asbestos, and more at the source to give you the right solutions and total peace of mind. Let us help you answer the questions you have about mold removal through our frequently asked customer questions:

What is Mold?

Mold is a form of fungus. It lives where moisture, oxygen, and organic matter combine. It can cause serious health problems and structural damage when found indoors. Many different things cause mold. In most cases, however, it grows in warm damp places that have little light or ventilation. You can detect mold by its black, green, or orange color, and by its shape. Mold spreads out in wide circles or grows in straight lines across surfaces. Unfortunately, mold has many different textures, colors, and sizes and can be difficult to notice at first glance.

Is There Mold In My Home or Business?

Yes. Mold releases microscopic spores into the air. You will find these spores in almost every home in the country. But not all of the spores find the right conditions to grow into something more. They need moisture, nutrients, and time. It is for this reason that mold grows best in basements, bathrooms, and attics. Mold can also grow in hidden or unseen areas, such as under flooring, in HVAC systems, or even behind walls.

How Can I Test for Mold?

Detecting mold in your home or business comes down to your senses. Mold has a typical musty smell. You can recognize mold by its color and texture. Mold tends to spread quickly as well, so you can see it developing across your interior surfaces in larger and larger patterns. There are times when you will not notice mold until it causes damage to your structure. When you have mold you cannot see, it is crucial to call in real removal experts with the right tools and experience. DKI has perfected our methods for mold removal. We use today’s top technology and our hard-earned expertise to detect dangerous mold wherever it hides to keep you safe. Put your trust in our skills whenever you see or perceive signs of mold.

When Does Mold Become a Problem?

Larger patches are problematic. They can cause health issues and structural damage. Mold can also be a sign that you have a more significant problem concerning water leaks. You can be exposed to mold in your home or business. Mold spores travel through the air that you breathe. You can also come into personal contact with mold by touching it or eating food that has mold on it. Mold also causes allergy-like symptoms such as sneezing, stuffy nose, coughing, skin irritation, and more. Exposure to mold can also cause more serious conditions over time, such as shortness of breath, wheezing, and chest tightness. It is always best to get an onsite assessment from the mold removal experts at DKI to prevent serious mold-related issues.

Can I Clean Up the Mold Myself?

You should not remove large patches of mold from your home or business yourself. The contaminated materials are dangerous to your health. Do not remove mold if you find it inside your walls, HVAC, or any flooded areas. These patches of mold are more dangerous. You may see smaller spots of mold in your daily routine. Patches of mold that are smaller than 10 square feet pose a minute health risk. However, you should wear protective clothing when handling or disposing of any moldy materials. You should also clean the moldy surface with a safe detergent and dry it out to prevent mold from reforming. Take the guesswork out of mold removal and call DKI for standard or emergency service.

How Can I Prevent Mold Growth in My Home?

You can do many things to prevent mold from growing inside your residential or commercial property. The most critical step in mold prevention is eliminating excess moisture from leaks or drips. Repair leaks in the walls, roof, gutters, and pipes. Keep your humidity to a minimum of around 30-45%. You can also use a dehumidifier in your basement and properly ventilate appliances that generate more moisture than others. When prevention is not enough, talk to the experts at DKI. We can give your interior a thorough mold assessment and remove any mold when and where you need us.

Contact DKI for Complete Mold Remediation

DKI has the knowledge and skill to remove mold, asbestos, or other hazardous materials at your home or business. Let us use our training and experience to become your go-to source for complete mold and environmental remediation services. Call us today for prices and scheduling.