Oct 13, 2016
By: Chelsea Haley, DKI Ventures, LLC
Our team has been extremely busy these last couple of weeks, gearing up for, tracking and responding to Hurricane Matthew – and this has been our most organized event yet!
Since hurricane season typically runs June through November, our team developed a new forward-looking approach. Because communication is key in times of need, we included our corporate team, member companies, clients and even our affiliates in our new Hurricane Emergency Preparation Plan to ensure everyone was on the same page in the event of a major hurricane. After all, our biggest advantage as DKI is our solid nationwide network – Strength in Numbers.
Closely tracking Hurricane Matthew while it developed in the Caribbean, we were all more than prepared when the hurricane eventually made landfall Saturday morning on South Carolina’s coast.
Before the hurricane was originally expected to land, we were already aware of all contractors planning to or having already mobilized, along with their current whereabouts. And, each of them were familiar with their assignments and specific instructions/procedures.
Our DKI ProSupply sponsors have also been serving as tremendous support to our teams!
- 1-800-PACK-RAT shipped thousands of portable storage containers to the impacted areas.
- Sunbelt Rentals delivered an abundance of power supplies.
- Aramsco-Interlink worked with DKI Corporate directly at our headquarters to get any consumables to our contractors.
- Lowe’s and Home Depot offered temporary labor, storage for fleets and equipment, and other necessary resources.
- com provided accommodations in the affected areas of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Virginia for our mobilized contractors.
Our teams and sponsors from all over the country have been working tirelessly to complete and support numerous losses, which we expect to continue as more flooded areas become accessible. We are so proud of and thankful to our entire team for their commitment and patience through the challenges. It has been incredible to watch this plan unfold so successfully, and we owe it all to our amazing DKI Network!
We have already received amazing support from some of our members –
“Your team is doing a phenomenal job! We are extremely pleased to be working this storm with your amazing team!” – Doug Burton, President, Skyline DKI
If you or your business has been impacted by the hurricane (flooding, fallen trees, downed power lines, etc.), please call us at 866-277-2977. Our crews are more than ready to help get you back to business!