Personal Evaluation…Would You Hire You?
Sept. 24, 2014
By: Chelsea Haley, DKI Ventures, LLC
How you dress in the workplace might affect your clients and others within the company. People tend to form judgments of another person based on first impressions – usually one’s physical appearance.
Here are some tips to help you “dress for success:”
- Size Matters:
- Tailor your suits.
- Avoid clothing too baggy or too tight.
- Less is Best:
- Simple jewelry
- Basic clothing designs/colors
- No logos/insignias
- Clean is Keen:
- Don’t be that
- Maintain proper hygiene.
- Clean your clothes.
- Bye Bye Shaggy:
- Shave regularly.
- Schedule haircuts every four to five weeks.
- Wear deodorant.
- Apply colognes and perfumes conservatively.
- Clip and clean fingernails.